MCI® Fibers are mono-filiment polypropylene-based fibers containing Migratory Corrosion Inhibitors (MCI®).
MCIs protect reinforcing steel, galvanized steel and other metals embedded in concrete from corrosion induced by carbonation, chloride and atmospheric attack. When incorporated into the concrete mix, MCIs form a corrosion inhibiting, protective layer on metals. When used with repair mortars and grouts, MCIs will migrate toward the rebars, providing effective corrosion protection.
The propylene based MCI® Fibers also add mechanical benefits. Shrinkage cracking decreased 66% while residual strength doubled compared to concrete without fibers.
MCI® Fibers are recommended for:
• All reinforced, precast, prestressed, post-tensioned or marine concrete structures
• Steel-reinforced concrete bridges, highways and streets exposed to corrosive environments (carbonation, deicing salts and atmospheric attack)
• Parking decks, ramps and garages
• Concrete piers, piles, pillars, pipes and utility poles
• Restoration and repair of all reinforced concrete commercial and civil engineered structures
Package: MCI® Fibers are available in 5 lbs (2.3 kg) and 50 lbs (23kg) bags, and 100 lbs (45 kg) drums.
View Product Data Sheet