PTC Emitters contain Migrating Corrosion Inhibitor (MCI®) powder for corrosion protection of post tensioning cables, ferrous and non-ferrous metals in recessed areas, interior cavities, and voids. The pouches are constructed from breathable Tyvek® which allows the VpCI® molecules to be emitted through the membrane and form a molecular layer on metal surfaces providing corrosion protection. PTC Emitters is easy to use; there are no chemical concentrations to calculate, and no need for special equipment for application; just determine the number of pouches required per unit space. PTC Emitters provide a clean method for corrosion protection.
PTC Emitters provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. The MCI® vaporizes and adsorbs on all metal surfaces reaching all exposed areas, including recessed sections and interior cavities.
Application: PTC emitters are designed to protect ferrous and galvanized PTC cables.
Successful usages include:
• Segmental concrete bridge tendons/cables
• Long term storage of Box Girder reinforcement
• Tubular structures, pipes, and vessels
• Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
• Parts, components, and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
• Lay-up of construction sites
Package: 6” x 7” x 0.5” (15.3 cm x 17.8 cm x 1.3 cm)
View Product Data Sheet